Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 14 December 2014

Christmas Card Club " Non Traditional Colours"

Good morning all.
 I'm hoping it's good for me too after the hen party last night...but I'll probably still be in bed when this goes live!!

It's our final challenge at our little Christmas Card club and Margaret has set us the theme of "Non Traditional Colours".


Made in the same vein as my two winter wonderland cards earlier in the week, this is my final  special card for this year....and if something could go wrong, smudge or go askew it did!!
Sleigh scene is half a Crafty Impressions stamp, heat embossed with white detail EP. Card is then inked with various distress inks. Purple trees are a Penny black magazine freebie stamped in dusty concord DI. House and trees die is from Memory Box and I've cut it up to fit the Lawn Fawn stitched border die. Sentiment from Clearly Besotted, snowman from Crafty Impressions and snowflake was another magazine freebie. Gem from my stash.


Challenges entered:
Stamping Sensations - winter wonderland
Crafts 4 Eternity - Christmas
Art Impressions Stamps - feeling frosty
Artist Trading Post - let's celebrate
Milk Coffee - Christmas non traditional colours
ABC Christmas - for a family member (for my sister)
Craft a Scene - winter scene

31 comments:

  1. The result is truly gorgeous. Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Carol. Love the scene. I was up at 7 and have just gone back to bed for a nap. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, such a beautiful design and I love the colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Carol, I love the beautiful scene.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jneautiful card Carole, love the colours and your fantastic design.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol
    Love your card... Very special... Might CAS....this .... Stunning....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Carol.............and you being in bed sounds like a good night!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Carol. Love the trees you stamped with the house and tree hillside die overtop...looks wonderful.

    Thanks for my ecard..totally loved it.

    We have a lovely sunny day here...Frost on the ground but sunny still...time to send DH out to dig up a snippet of the last 2 perennials I want to take with me. Then I shall breathe easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! A real stunner and super special! I want those stamps and the dies! Lucky devil gets this one! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card made from a fab collection of die cuts. I love the scene you have created.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! You always make the coolest silhouette cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the beautiful colour combo, Carol - gorgeous card for Granmargaret's CCC theme this fortnight. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This certainly is a special card Carol, you have created a wonderful winter scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful scene Carol I love the colour you have used a smashing Christmas card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh MY this is a lovely winter scene. Love the dusty colors for your village background. The glow in the evening sky really highlites Santa's sleigh too. You're getting the max from that wonderful stitched border die, too. Have been loving the way you've been showcasing it. Really great card, Carol. TFS & Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful special card, love the alternative colours you used. thank you for joining us at ATP Exchange this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful scene Carol, the colours are so beautifully muted, love everything about it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous card Carol, love your inking! Hope you felt ok yesterday. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carol

    Loving the little Christmas scene you have created. Gorgeous colour choices too.

    Hope you had a good night on Saturday .. .. and Sunday morning was kind to you LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another lovely winters scene Carol.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful card Carol!!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow this is a stunner Carol. Love the depth created by the layers and the colour combo. Thanks too for my Christmas email. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,
    Beautiful card, Perfect!!!Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Anneke xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card! I really like the die cut scene and the beautiful background. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  26. How beautiful Winter Wonderland scene. Love it! Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Merry Christmas!
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card; Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A beautiful scene and card. Thanks for joining us this month at Craft A Scene.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful!! so nice that scene. thank you again for joining at craft a scene this month.
    kind regards, Dora

    ReplyDelete
  30. A stunning card Carol x Thanks for joining in with us at ATP Exchange. Best Wishes in 2015
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x