Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 1 January 2015

Imagination Crafts "January Challenge - Anything Goes"

Good morning all.  I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous  New Year.

It's time once again for a new challenge at Imagination Crafts.
Our theme is always anything goes and the winner will receive a £40 voucher to spend in the Imagination Crafts Shop.

I've used another of the gorgeous Decoupage Stamp Sets - Snowman for this card which was made for my Mum. I do love this cheeky chap and this time he's all layered up...or should that be she?


 Image and sentiment have been stamped in versamark and heat embossed with silver detail EP (image three times). The background of the base image was washed over with silver aquatints and allowed to dry. Meanwhile I coloured up the layers with promarkers. Base was trimmed to fit a Spellbinder mat which I's cut from silver mirri card, then layers were cut out and added with foam pads. The hat was trimmed with Candy Floss Sparkle Medium.
I've die cut, embossed and inked the Falling Softly Die'Sire Create a Card die and layered onto silver mirri card. Dies are all from Spellbinders. Glittered snowflake is from Asda, ribbons, gems and pearls are from my stash. Apologies for the red snowflakes above the image...that's just my jumper reflected in the mirri card!!!
Here you can see all the layers popped up on foam and a peek at the finish inside. Definitely one for hand delivering.


Challenges entered:
CHNC Extra - anything Christmas goes
Craft-Dee Bowz - anything goes with a hand tied bow
Dream Valley - Christmas
Pile it On - anything Christmas goes
The Glory of Christmas - anything goes
A Gem of a Challenge - Christmas
CHNC - anything Christmas goes
Fussy and Fancy - snowflakes and ribbon
QKR STampede - santa or snowman
Winter Wonderland - fussy and fancy

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Happy New Year to you and yours and looking forward to working with you this year.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours Carol
    Hope 2015 brings everything you wish for
    Great card, love the image and great design
    Have a great day
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you too Carol a Happy New Year and once again your card is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year Carol.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the sweet image and such beautiful detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely, fun card, Carol! Beautiful design and detail. Thanks for joining our first Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge of the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love the embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week for our Snowman or Santa Challenge at QKR Stampede.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well whatever it is lol...It's a cute little thing...LOving your colours and design..LOve your embellishments too. Thank you sooo much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Carol, such a cute image and fabulous layers and design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww gorgeous card Carol. Love the snowman stamp. Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a way to start of the new year! That snowman is the most adorable thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Carol, your card is gorgeous i love the layers also the fab image and embellishments, a super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous Carol - I must get that stamp! A very Happy New year to you and yours! Love and hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card, lovely diecuts and decoupage. Thanks for joining in the last challenge of 2014 at Dream Valley. Wishing you a Wonderful New Year. Hugs, Wends x Dream Valley DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Card Carol...such pretty details and soft colors!! Thank you for joining us at "Fussy and Fancy" for our "Snowflakes and Ribbon" challenge!!
    Diane FAF DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leuke kerstkaart! Bedankt voor je deelname bij CHCC Extra.

    Groetjes, Renate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable Christmas Card Carol!! Who doesn't like snowmen:) So happy you joined in the fun snowflakes and ribbon challenge at Fussy and Fancy!! Good luck!!
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 49 with your lovely card, Hazel , Glory of Christmas DT - thanks also for entering this into both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card, Carol, I love the soft colours and the fab die-cuts! thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x