Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Whoo-hoooo!

Good afternoon all.

Thank goodness today is a bit warmer than yesterday! I had to go down home for a funeral and boy was it draughty in the church yard....sadly I have another to go to next Monday too.

Today I'm celebrating though...I've had my first card published in a magazine!! I applied several weeks ago to be on the reader design team at Quick Cards Made Easy and was accepted for issue 141 which has gone on sale today....I've just got back from Asda with my copy so only just found out.

This is what I made with the gorgeous bonus papers we were given to work with.

I printed onto pearlised paper and used the dotty paper as a base, then used the large Ringlets die from Memory Box and the inlaid die technique to piece a pattern with the floral papers. The stitched scallop border and sentiment dies are from Lawn Fawn.


To say I'm chuffed is an understatement!!!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats Carol, gorgeous card too. Can't wait for it to arrive here in Aussie.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Celebration time !! :)
    Congrats girl!!
    Card is totally beautiful, love the intricate circles idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol! How EXCITING!!!!! No wonder they wanted to publish this card - it's SOOOOO cool! I've never tried the inlaid die technique, but I've always drooled over it. So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Carol, your card is fabulous, a brilliant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations this is gorgeous! Fabulous design!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on this impressive achievement. Being published is a BIG thing!!! Well deserved for you as well, cause your cards are always just great. This one is no exception. Those rings must have been a bit tedious to inlay as you've done on this one. Really like the dp & especially the sweet bird in the center circle. Great use of your winnings. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, Big Congratulations on being published, well done with this wonderful card, the colours and images are beautiful and I love what you have done with the ring dies. Well deserved, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Carol! Congratulations! That Ringlets die is fabulous and the way you have inlaid the papers looks great. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Carol, how exciting! A fabulous card too, love the colours and the way you have inlaid the papers, a terrific make.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That is a real honour tobe chosen. Your card looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Carol, your card is gorgeous. A great use of the papers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole
    Congrats... Fabulous cards.... Love the design...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww Carol - well done - thats absolutely brilliant! So pleased for you! Big huggles rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Carol what fantastic news congratulations the card you created is a beauty.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol, l love all the circles on this card and the one above, a lovely style.
    Congratulations on getting published, always a buzz!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay congratulations Carol. That's wonderful
    News. The card is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Carol!! How exciting to be published --- yay!! :) LOVE the card .. great design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fabulous Carol! So proud of you and it is well deserved too. I had no idea there were customer DT's so it's something for me to look out for in future. It's a gorgeous card, love that die cut and the super cute bird too. Hope you have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x