Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Eclectic Ellapu "Anything Goes"

Good morning all.

Yesterday was spent catching up with the washing, tidying up the house and grocery shopping...today I have an ironing mountain to tackle if I can stand up long enough. Don't know what I've done to my right foot but it is very sore so I'm hobbling around.

Another new month and a new challenge here at Eclectic Ellapu, where the Pink Team have a theme of "Anything Goes". We look forward to seeing all your makes.


I've upcycled a spice jar for this challenge. This was really a test piece...I wanted to start with something small! The jar was painted first with Vintage Lace opaque Fresco paint then a translucent Cherry Red. I then stencilled a butterfly from ARTplorations  Flutterby stencil onto tissue paper with sparkle medium and once dry I painted the back of the tissue cherry red to help it blend onto the jar. The tissue was attached with gel medium. My piece was finished with a few gemstones and a tassel.

Do pop over to the challenge blog to see the inspiration from the rest of the pink team, you won't be disappointed. Meanwhile the purple team are using up their forgotten or hidden stash (6 months old or older).

Challenges entered:
That Craft Place - mixed media anything goes
Love 2 Create - anything creative/mixed media goes

15 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I like the colour. To think I have thrown all my spice jars in the recycling and could have made something like this with them. Ah well, that's me, always think of things too late.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Carol, very clever and lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, love it, clever idea.
    I thought it was a much bigger piece till I read through.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piece of upcycling and loving the colour and butterfly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea Carol. Looks great. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super idea Carol and a good way to try a new technique, a small spice jar. Not like me and the whole kitchen! LOL. I got the hang by then end!
    I think this idea could create some lovely personal Christmas gifts.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Carol, it looks a lot bigger than a spice jar - I thought it was a vase when I first saw it!
    I hope your foot is soon better.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Carol, it looks amazing!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol what a fun transformation... loving that red color and the stenciling is beautiful. Thank you for creating with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous altered bottle; love the paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your altered jar! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol that is gorgeous! You've done an amazing job with it, the colours and the butterfly are wonderful. I'm going to have to hang onto one of our empty jars to try this out, love it! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Carol, sitting here having my coffee, enjoying reading through you recent posts. Stopped back at this lovely recycled spice jar, love it. Must give this a go when I have more time, life just getting in the way at the mo but hoping to have a lot more me time in NE t couple of months! Good luck with your test results. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous spice jar and so practical too love it hun x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who would have thought that this started off as a spice jar, just fabulous! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x