Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 11 November 2015

Lest We Forget

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Good morning all.

Well yesterday didn't turn out as wet as expected but it was still pretty miserable! Managed to have a play...made a mess...got messy and not a great deal else...one of those days when nothing quite gelled. I did manage to make a tag though so I'm sharing that with you today.


I started with a manila tag and embossed it with my ARTplorations stencil (Holly Background), I then inked it with evergreen bough DI. After removing the stencil I inked with shabby shutters and twisted citron then replaced the stencil and inked the berries with festive berries. The edges were inked with ground espresso. Reindeer die from Tattered Lace, other dies from Spellbinders. Sentiment stamp was a magazine freebie, ribbons from my stash.

Challenges entered:
Papertake Weekly - Christmas critters
Mixed Media World - anything goes
Virginia's View - textures
Love 2 Create - anything creative/mixed media goes

22 comments:

  1. A fabulous tag Carol, lovely holly background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how some days just don't go according to plan!!!! As well, at least you actually produced something and it's a lovely tag. It's a reasonable day here in Oxfordshire and the winds have died down fortunately. I really do detest high winds! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite windy here today but mild. I have been chucked out of my normal room for crafting as the Decorator is busy putting the new coving up. Can't craft so am busy catching up with everyone. Love this tag and especially the stencil. I'm due to choose some stamps and stencils in my next club pack so now know what I will be requesting. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, love your beautiful tag, the image of the deer and the stenciled background are fabulous, lovely colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your tag turned out beautifully Carol so something certainly did gel. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Tag, love everything about it.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been dry here today for a change. I am crafting too today and know how you feel my room looks like a bomb has hit it! I do love this tag it is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do LOVE this! Had to grin about the 'nothing gelled' comment. I was working with a holly, using sprays, then pan pastels - and the piece looked pretty good. However, it DIDN'T work with what I wanted it to! So is added to the crapalanche. Your holly background looks grand with this graceful & dimensional deer posed just above the holly cluster. You are a whiz with this mixed media! Great design. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evening Carol, a super Christmas tag, love the holly background.
    The weather here is just DARK!
    I'm having a day like you had yesterday on the upside I am looking forwards to sitting down later and relaxing.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty tag, great background and reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stenciled background is so pretty Carol. And I love the distress shading around your tag. Your reindeer is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your tag at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super tag Carol, the background looks fabulous and that reindeer die is just beautiful. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carol, a beautiful tag, so elegant, love it.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful tag - love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous, love the creation and gorgeous colours used.
     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag Carol I love the papers and ribbon also that amazing looking reindeer
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another fabulous tag Carol. Again you background holly is gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tag, poignant verse always. Love this one too, the die cut is gorgeous Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love his one too Carol! The holly is lovely as is the deer!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely festive tag, thanks for sharing with us at MMW this month
    Love
    Amanda s

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x